Sunday, January 6, 2013

Trying to Whistle a Happy Tune

Anyone who has given my poetry and prose a good looking over knows that my writings run a bit towards the melancholy.  A lot melancholy. OK I could give Hamlet a run for his money. Moreover my poetry seems to be even more introspective than my prose.  Unfortunately I sometime get asked to write something
a little more cheerful.

Recently my husband and I were asked if we could come up something
cheery and optimistic and suitable for a middle school choir to sing at an assembly, Added pressure  comes from the fact that our daughter is in the choir so we need to please her director on one level and her on another, because everyone in the choir will know her parents are the ones who stuck them with the song.

I spent considerable time trying come up with something that was cheerful, optimistic, and yet avoided cliches, filling several wastebaskets with rejections, before realizing what anyone who was ever a valedictorian has also realized: This is not a time for originality, it's a time to tell people what they want to hear. After that the words came fairly quickly.

I don't know what we will wind up with, but here is attempt number 1:

On Our Way

Remember the good times
Remember the tears
The world is waiting
So banish your fears
Its time for us to go
We are moving on

New Chances for taking
'New things to be trying
We'll all get there someday

Whether walking or flying
Time for us to go
We are moving on.

We are the future
Time to prepare
We are tomorrow
Time to do and dare

We are all friends here
Sharing the load
But more lies ahead
As we move down the road.
It's time for us to go
We are moving on.






#365poems at Schmutzie.com

1 comment:

  1. My name is Mrs mccart from united kingdom i got married at the age of 30 i have only one child and i was living happily .After 5 year of my marriage my husband behavior became so strange and i don't really understand what was going on, he packed out of the house to another woman i love him so much that i never dreams of losing him, i try my possible best to make sure that my husband get back to me but all to no avail i cry seeking for help i discussed it with my best friend and she promise to help me he told me of a man called priest Aluta he is a very great man and a real man that can be trusted and there is nothing concerning love issues he cannot do that is why they call him the great doctor. I contacted him And i told him everything that happen all he told me is that i should not worry that all my problems will be solved immediately. He told me what to do to get my husband back and i did, he said after 4 days my husband will come back to me and start begging, it really happen i was very surprise and very happy our relationship was now very tight and we both live happily again.So my advice for you now is to contact this same email address traditionalspellhospital@gmail.com if you are in any kind of situation concerning love issues and any other things that give you problems contact him.
    THANKS..

    ReplyDelete