Monday, October 1, 2012

OctPoWriMo Day 1

A friend of mine challenged me to take part in the October Writing Challenge. Its deceptively simple task, to write a poem a day for the month of October. At one time I wrote poetry alot but over time I got away from it, and this looked like a good way to try to get back.

For me writing daily poetry on demand more or less is difficult. My grandmother was able to sit down with paper and inspiration and come up with short light verses seemingly without effort. I did not inherit this ability from her. So advance warning,due to reasons both creative and technological I may not post daily. I will try to average out to  31 poems however.

Day 1

The Challenge

Trying hard to take the time
To find the rhythm and the rhyme.
No sure how it all will go
But in a month or so we'll know.


2 comments:

  1. "To find the rhythm and the rhyme..." Love it! Short and sweet. Thank you for joining us on this magical poetic journey! I look forward to reading more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful that you made the leap. Looking forward to reading more. :)

    ReplyDelete